It’s been a year since my last post. In just a few days my daughter Jenna will have been cancer free for one year. I am so thankful. We’ve had many wonderful things happen in this year here are just a few.
- Jenna wrote a book called “God’s Got This” based on her journal entries as she went through cancer. She wrote it for children dealing with sickness.
– Our family went to DisneyWorld! Fun!
– Jenna’s book was published and is now in the hands of many children and hospitals across the US. Her book can be purchased on Amazon.
– Our son Josh started playing the drums….prayers appreciated.
– Jenna has gone back to school full time and I have gone back to work.
– We are currently teaching our two oldest children, Jenna, and Jacob, to drive….. Prayers appreciated.
– Our daughter Joslyn had her first voice recital and …..totally rocked it!
– And last but not least Jeff and I celebrated 18 years of marriage.
Life is so full of ups and downs isn’t it? One day we are standing on a mountain top and the next day we are standing in the valley. Then, there are times the ground shakes underneath our feet as we struggle to stand. Everything changes and we find ourselves just trying to keep up with those changes. But there is one thing that is consistent. It does not change. It does not shake. It does not fall. It is our God. He never left us. He was there with us through it all. We never once walked alone. This life will without a doubt bring more challenges, more uncertainty, more pain but when we walk with Him he will bring us through. I believe that. And I will cling to that truth for the rest of my life.